Sunday, February 1, 2009

When I die...

I want to come back as a dog.


Baldwin had a rough morning today. After being rudely awakened at 7:15 and put on the elevator downstairs, he was set off on a walk to the Village. He was stopped by three different fans who had to pet him. They totally interrupted his sniffing but he put up with it with patience. As is his usual habit,he got to poop right in front of his favorite breakfast place, thrilling the patrons as always.

After finally reaching Starbucks, being tied up outside where strangers fed him pieces of $3 scones, he was cooed over while he waited for me to get my triple vente mocha. Then, the poor thing, had to walk past Some Crust bakery where he had a special delivery of a Some Crust dog biscuit from the owner of the Chocolate Lab that had barked at him on his way to Starbucks. The owner, somehow, knew his name (not mine) and that he'd be coming back that way again. After his tiring 2 block walk home, he fell exhausted into a deep sleep.



Life's rough, ain't it?


4 comments:

Transitiongirl2008 said...

here's my question... did you want the name of the Chocolate Lab's owner? Come on...details! If I'm to live through you people who live in real cities, with real coffee shops, I want more!

Just Kevin... said...

I'd swear I've never seen Chocolate Lab owner before. The biscuit giver wasn't anything to write home about nor was his female companion. They looked like they were probably English or Anthropology professors at the colleges. Not the kind the students fantasize about either.

Project Christopher said...

Baldwin knows what he has to give up for his adoring public. I know it's hard on him, but (sigh) what's a famous identity to do?? (at least he has the decency to cover up with his tail when he does the 'on-the-back' pose.....)

Anonymous said...

Baldwin is my hero. Can't wait to meet him.