I had nothing to do today but fill this thing out! ;-)
- Put asterisks next to the movies you’ve seen and liked it. (this is where Chris changed the rules a bit, if it’s bolded it means I saw it and enjoyed it! If it’s bolded and RED I saw it and hated it.) and, of course, I added my comments.
1. Pulp Fiction 1994
2. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (I only saw one of them, please, I get it! I don't read Microsoft Word Manuals or speak Klingon in my spare time either!
3. Titanic 1997 Kate Winslet has redeemed herself but her acting was the only thing that could distract you from the special effects....and not in the good way. "Jack--sniffle--this is where we first met!" Oi
4. Blue Velvet 1986 I think of this movie whenever I see my mom's oxygen mask.
5. Toy Story 1995
6. Saving Private Ryan 1998 The most realistic battle scene ever. George Bush will have to watch it for eternity when he finally lands...down there. Don't even go there, even Satan doesn't want to clean up after him if he made W experience it for eternity!
7. Hannah and Her Sisters 1986
8. The Silence of the Lambs 1991 I still have nightmares of him touching her hand. Ewwww.
9. Die Hard 1988
10. Moulin Rouge 2001
11. This Is Spinal Tap 1984 Better than a real Spinal Tap!
12. Matrix 1999 Oh Good God. I don't speak Klingon either
13. GoodFellas 1990
14. Crumb 1995
15. Edward Scissorhands 1990 Johnny Depp!
16. Boogie Nights 1997 Julianne! Julianne! Julianne! John C.! John C.! John C.! Philip Seymour! Hmmm doesn't have the same ring but they're all incredible!
17. Jerry Maguire 1996
18. Do the Right Thing 1989
19. Casino Royale 2006 He is the new Sean Connery!
20. The Lion King 1994 At the El Capitan on Hollywood Blvd!
21. Schindler’s List 1993 Amazing...absolutely amazing. Even with the stupid couple behind me rustling papers, eating sushi, announcing not only that they were going to the toilet or concession stand to each other but also precisely why it was the perfect time to go! THEN! leaning way forward and moaning loudly at every death. My movie mate finally turned around and said "6 million people are gonna die! Are you going to do that for every one of them."
22. Rushmore 1998
23. Memento 2001
24. A Room With a View 1986 Loved it! Maggie Smith!
25. Shrek 2001
26. Hoop Dreams 1994
27. Aliens 1986 Also, creepy but not for the actual scary parts but at completely unexpected times
28. Wings of Desire 1988
29. The Bourne Supremacy 2004 What's next? 'Bourne Enough Already' ?!
30. When Harry Met Sally… 1989
31. Brokeback Mountain 2005 I know it was Canada but Wyoming never looked so good. Of course, neither has any real cowboy!
32. Fight Club 1999
33. The Breakfast Club 1985 Oh Molly Ringwald....sigh
34. Fargo 1996 I still laugh uproariously The foot coming out of the wood chipper
35. The Incredibles 2004 The Edith Head character. No, F-man, it was NOT Margaret Cho! Dope!
36. Spider-Man 2 2004
37. Pretty Woman 1990 Let's teach our daughters that if they turn tricks on Hollywood Blvd They'll meet Richard Gere and live happily ever after. Sheesh. OK, I admit it. I liked it. But if she guffawed one more time I was gonna barf.
38. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 2004 I am not sure I get it to this day but I liked it.
39. The Sixth Sense 1999 (OK...Bruce gets shot. In the very next scene, he is wearing the exact same clothes and chasing little Haley Joel down the street and following him around the church and no one calls the cops? Or screams "Child Molester!" He must be a ghost, right? I mean he was shot in the previous scene, or did you forget? Then Little Haley Joel says...."I see Dead people!" Ok, 10 minutes into the movie I think any idiot should have understood that. After that there is NO plot! So the movie now is just a series of random scenes. I turn to my movie mate and say "This is the most pointless movie I have ever seen!" He says "I love it! I still can't figure out what's gonna happen from one moment to the next." I thought I was gonna die. Couldn't he have just worn a different shirt? The rest of the clues seemed so ham handed. Blech!
40. Speed 1994 Ok...a bus....jumps across a gap....never mind...
41. Dazed and Confused 1993
42. Clueless 1995 letOne of my all time favorite movies. Well written, witty, and full of great dialogue. "She such a Monet" that immediately made sense!
43. Gladiator 2000
44. The Player 1992 It is so LA of that time
45. Rain Man 1988 It was like visiting the State School all over again and also the beginning of the end of any star power Tom Cruise may have had for me. But very nicely done
46. Children of Men 2006
47. Men in Black 1997
48. Scarface 1983
49. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2000
50. The Piano 1993
51. There Will Be Blood 2007
52. The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad 1988
53. The Truman Show 1998 I began to like Jim Carrey
54. Fatal Attraction 1987 (Glenn Close with the knife and in the bathtub...eww...but have you seen "Hard Candy" ? It does for Child Molesters what Fatal Attraction did for philandering husbands....rent it. You'll understand.)
55. Risky Business 1983 I started to like Tom Cruise....and Chicago
56. The Lives of Others 2006
57. There’s Something About Mary 1998
58. Ghostbusters 1984
59. L.A. Confidential 1997 Kevin, Russell, Kim, etc etc and so beautifully over done visually
60. Scream 1996
61. Beverly Hills Cop 1984
62. sex, lies and videotape 1989 ugh
63. Big 1988 (if I heard once I heard a thousand times...You look like Tom Hanks in Big!..I don't think it was a compliment any more than when I heard from one person "You look like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia! Not at the beginning...but at the end when his hair is grey like yours!" You mean when he was nearly DEAD?
64. No Country For Old Men 2007
65. Dirty Dancing 1987
66. Natural Born Killers 1994
67. Donnie Brasco 1997
68. Witness 1985
69. All About My Mother 1999
70. Broadcast News 1987 I have sweated like whatshisname I swear
71. Unforgiven 1992 A western I liked
72. Thelma & Louise 1991 Love the T bird and the performances
73. Office Space 1999
74. Drugstore Cowboy 1989
75. Out of Africa 1985
76. The Departed 2006
77. Sid and Nancy 1986
78. Terminator 2: Judgment Day 1991
79. Waiting for Guffman 1996
80. Michael Clayton 2007
81. Moonstruck 1987 letMy mom and dad and I went to see it in San Diego on their first visit to CA when I lived her. Being CA we showed up too late and sat in the second row. My Dad said at the end "I liked it but I was staring up Cher's nostrils for two hours! It was a funny love story full of Italianism and Jewish isms I felt like I grew up with. You've got a love bite on your neck! Your life's going down the toilet."
82. Lost in Translation 2003
83. Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn 1987
84. Sideways 2004 Loved when he drove the car into the tree
85. The 40 Year-Old Virgin 2005
86. Y Tu Mamá También 2002 (What about my Mama???)
87. Swingers 1996
88. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery 1997 (although I did like the following two)
89. Breaking the Waves 1996
90. Napoleon Dynamite 2004 A real classic
91. Back to the Future 1985
92. Menace II Society 1993
93. Ed Wood 1994
94. Full Metal Jacket 1987
95. In the Mood for Love 2001
96. Far From Heaven 2002
97. Glory 1989 (Morgan Freeman can do no wrong. Excellent movie)
98. The Talented Mr. Ripley 1999
99. The Blair Witch Project 1999
100. South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut 1999